Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sun and Snow

The last two days have been crock full of sun! A wonderful treat indeed. Although when so sunny one must have dark sunglasses...that glare from the snow can blind you. Listen to me I sound like an ole mother hen "wear your sunglasses" LOL. Okay sometimes I forget not to preach. Did a little baking...tested out a recipe for Blue berry cake. Turned out rather good if I say so. I got a big bunch of fresh organic berries at the market - these berries where as big as my thumb. So in blue berry standards they are HUGE! And sooooooo tasty. So as the picture displays my lovely mini berry cake sliced and ready to eat. Makes you want some doesn't it! Just add your own whip cream. You could also try this: take 1/2 cup of the berries add two tablespoons sugar and 1/4 water heat over medium heat, bring to a boil, remove from heat, spoon over sliced mini cakes - totally awesome berry syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Folks who like Edibles