Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Since my fathers death in 2001 my mother seldom cooks at home. In fact even when Dad was living the last several years with only the two of them they would dine out 3 out of 7 days. I guess after cooking for so many years for 8 children and two adults that when we all left the family home and started our own lives/families moving across the country, that my parents found it was enjoyable to be able to have a meal prepared by others. I like to go out once in a while. In Anchorage the choice for spots of good food is getting better but still is needs more. We have lots of little Mom/Pop places. Some you wonder how they manage to stay open, and then you will find one where the burger is big, juicy, and a treasure to bite into. Another spot has potato soup that equals my own. One day I had visited the Library and I was developing a headache because I had not eaten all day, so at two o'clock I ventured into a small place I had driven by several hundred times saying "got to try there one of these days". I had the most awesome Red Lentil Soup! Thick and spicey served with a homebread bread that only enhanced the soup if that was even possible. Lunch is when I get to sample the different eating spots. Every several weeks 8 friends gather for lunch. We are due to meet again and there is a place we not been to and I'm sooooo wanting to try it! Maybe I can talk the owners into carrying my newest creation of Marshmallows: May I introduce "Ba nana nana Royal" Has banana flavoring and covered in coconut. Okay I ate 6 pieces in one day. I had to stop myself from eating all of it because 1/2 was getting shipped to my sister in St. Louis to taste test for me. Now I'm just waiting for the results. So you might get a chance to also taste soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Folks who like Edibles