Monday, September 21, 2009

Anchorage, Alaska Saturday Farmers Market




My farmers market only has a few short weeks left before the season of outdoor selling by the farmers ends.  I will sorely miss the fresh grown items.  The first few weeks of  June we eagerly await the few veggies that the early days of summer bring. 

As the summer months begin to become longer days each Saturday at Farmers Market new and larger veggies appear. 

I have not met a veggie that I really don't like...well except for Peas and Lima Beans.  Both are the only two that I do not like and will avoid as must as possible. 








I did come home with Green Cauliflower, as well as Purple Cauliflower, a fresh stalk of Brussels sprouts, and radishes.  Several delightful meals for the week ahead!

We already had a bag of potatoes, fresh spinach, onions, and a friend just brought us a bag over of his home grown carrots that are "rainbow colored"  Red, Yellow, Pink and Orange Carrots ~ so cool I'm going to make a Carrot soup with them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Folks who like Edibles